Posted on: September 21, 2015
In need of repairs or service for your garage door? Looking for a reputable garage door company in your area can be a daunting task, especially when time is of the essence. To help you find a reputable garage door repair company in your area, here are a few tips and cautions:
- Ask friends and neighbors for referrals. Ask those closest to you who they use first. This will give you a good place to start your research.
- Do your research. Check each company’s BBB rating along with reviews on sites such as Yelp or Angie’s List. Look for companies with several high reviews, and be wary of companies with too many bad reviews or complaints.
- Be home. Be home when the garage door repair technician comes to your house. This way you will see any repairs or replacements being done and avoid extra repairs without your consent.
- Do not authorize work to be done until they clearly explain the problem and associated costs. Some companies will tell you about a repair, but not the cost. Some repairs can cost hundreds of dollars. Get the new quote in writing to avoid paying a higher price after the work is completed.
Be cautious of these possible scams:
- No physical address – Make sure the company has a physical street address associated with their business. Some scam companies will give a phone number with heavy advertising but not have a storefront. Also, be cautious of companies that do not have logos or any internet presence.
- No uniform – Reputable companies will require their technicians to wear a company uniform or logoed work shirt.
- Generic business lines – If a company answers the phone with a generic “garage doors” or “garage service,” be aware that the company may be operating under several different business names. Ask for the business name or hang up and call another company.
- High pressure – If a technician pressures you into making a quick decision on extra repairs or tries to guilt you into a decision by telling you your door is dangerous, they are probably not a trustworthy company and you should look elsewhere for repairs.
Call the garage door service experts at Broten to get you the repairs you need from a company you can trust.