Posted on: April 10, 2020
Garage doors are an essential convenience for most Florida homeowners. While these systems are designed to function smoothly for many years, the best method for ensuring long-term performance and convenience is routine garage door maintenance.
Most garage door professionals recommend residential garage door systems have scheduled maintenance — including inspecting and lubricating moving parts, checking for hardware damages and performing safety tests — at least once every year. While this added task may seem tedious, with regular maintenance, homeowners can save time and money by keeping their garage door in pristine condition throughout its lifespan.
Maintenance vs. Repair
If it’s normal to experience regular garage door wear and tear over time, then why should homeowners schedule annual maintenance visits instead of wait and have a garage door technician perform repair services once the garage door has already broken?
During routine maintenance tune-ups, professionals will thoroughly inspect every aspect of your garage door system for signs of inefficiencies or premature damages and recommend any repair or replacement solutions. By addressing signs of wear early on and replacing parts before they unexpectedly fail, you can prevent additional damages to other pieces of hardware, save on repair expenses and prevent hazardous operating conditions.
- Spring Mounting Pad
- Panel Condition
- Door Alignment
- Hinges and Hardware
- Cables for Wear or Damage
- Locks for Proper Operation
Benefits of Garage Door Maintenance in Florida
Your garage door system is operating normally whenever it opens and closes, so why should homeowners schedule routine maintenance at least once every year? With regular daily use, your garage door often becomes less efficient and dependable resulting in slower response times or lagging operations due to worn parts and hardware.
By scheduling regular garage door maintenance with a professional, you can experience the following benefits:
- Improved Safety: Garage doors are extremely heavy and under an immense amount of tension. When they are mishandled or experience unexpected breakages, they can cause severe injuries to homeowners. Many homeowners are injured every year by broken springs, damaged openers and other worn hardware that causes the door to malfunction when you least expect it.
- Cost Savings: When an unidentified piece of worn hardware isn’t promptly repaired or replaced, it can slowly cause strain and damage to other parts of your garage door system, causing them to wear faster. Emergency repair costs and large-scale garage door repairs are often much more costly than annual garage door maintenance services.
- Extended Garage Door Lifespan: A properly cared for and efficient garage door can last up to 20 years, but homeowners can only expect long-term performance if the garage is regularly maintained. By scheduling regular garage door tune-ups, you can get the most out of your system throughout its usable lifespan and avoid costly premature garage door replacement.
Schedule Comprehensive Florida Garage Door Maintenance Today With Broten Garage Doors
For more than 60 years, Broten Garage Doors has been the most trusted, premier garage door repair and maintenance company in Florida. We happily provide comprehensive maintenance services for homeowners located throughout the Boca Raton, Pompano Beach, Delray Beach communities and beyond. Our team performs the most effective garage door maintenance services throughout the area to ensure your garage door remains dependable and efficient for years to come. As needed, we’ll recommend part repairs or replacement to streamline the performance of your system and prevent more extensive issues.
In addition to our complete garage door tune-up services, we also offer garage door design and installation services, as well as timely, reliable repair services, including 24-hour attention to reduce inconveniences and hazardous conditions.
To request additional information about our annual garage door maintenance services or to request a free service estimate, fill out our online form or call us today at 954.800.2213.