What We Cover in a Maintenance Visit
If you’ve ever been caught with a garage door that won’t open or close reliably, leaving you stranded outside your home or trapped inside, then you understand how inconvenient, costly, and time-sensitive emergency repairs can be.
But with regular preventative garage door maintenance services performed by one of our trained professionals at least once per year, you can ensure your garage door always operates smoothly and dependably. By scheduling our garage door maintenance services, your garage door will stay in proper operating condition for many years, reliably raising and lowering as expected.
Here’s what our maintenance covers:
- Inspect, Adjust, and Lubricate Springs: Over time, your garage door springs can become loose or may build up rust and corrosion. By inspecting the quality of your springs and adjusting and lubricating as needed, we can help prolong their lifespan and avoid potentially hazardous and costly damage.
- Inspect Tension Spring Mounting Pad: We’ll inspect your mounting pad for signs of damage, like cracks and splits, that could cause serious problems and garage door functionality issues at a later time.
- Inspect Panel Condition: Damaged garage door panels are unattractive. Corrosion buildup, cracks, or large dents can cause operational issues as well potential safety and security concerns.
- Inspect Door Alignment: Garage doors moving along damaged tracks can come off the track or cause large-scale damage to the door’s hardware. Our team will check that your door is properly aligned and that the tracks aren’t misaligned or bent.
- Inspect and Lubricate Rollers: Garage door rollers allow the door to move up and down the track easily. If your rollers aren’t properly lubricated or if they’re worn or damaged, your door may not operate smoothly or efficiently.
- Inspect and Tighten Hinges and Hardware: Loose pieces of hardware can cause extensive wear to that particular part and can also damage other garage door components. We’ll inspect and tighten all hinges and hardware to keep your garage door operating smoothly and to help prevent unexpected breakage.
- Inspect Cables for Wear or Damage: Like your garage door springs, cables also work to counterbalance the weight of the door and facilitate dependable, smooth movement. With regular use, garage door cables can become worn or frayed, which can impact the functionality of your garage door.
- Inspect Locks for Proper Operation: Garage doors are not only an accessible and convenient way to enter your home, they also serve as a primary source of home protection. Having working locks can prevent home intruders from entering your property.
- Inspect Weatherstripping: By ensuring a tight seal between your garage door and the molding, we can protect your home from excess moisture and maintain your home’s energy efficiency. We’ll inspect the quality of your garage door’s weatherstripping and replace any areas that are cracking or have gaps.
Do I Need Garage Door Maintenance?
The short answer is “yes.” Here’s a look at some of the benefits of annual garage door tune-ups:
- System Longevity: By having regular inspections performed, you can identify any performance issues or failing hardware early on and quickly replace them before they cause damage to other parts of your garage door. With maintenance, you can maximize the lifespan of your entire garage door system.
- Cost-Savings: When your garage door system fails, you will likely have to contact a professional to perform emergency repairs. These last-minute repairs can end up costing you significantly more than preventative maintenance would have.
- Improved Safety: With preventative maintenance, not only will a technician inspect all of your garage door’s safety features to ensure proper operation, but they can also identify hardware that may fail in the near future. Parts that unexpectedly break can pose property damage concerns or personal safety hazards.
When you need garage door maintenance services, trust the trained experts at Broten Garage Door Sales. We specialize in comprehensive preventative garage door maintenance services for homeowners throughout South Florida for any garage door make or model. We guarantee all maintenance projects are performed by professionals who work with integrity and professionalism and who use the best industry tools and knowledge available.
During your garage door opener maintenance, we will perform a UL 325 safety test, inspect and adjust the force sensitivity, tighten your chain or belt drive, lubricate the drive chain and all sprockets, check the wiring and connections, set the up and down limits, remove the cover and check the internal gears and belts, and check the transmitters and buttons for operation and range.
Garage doors serve as a primary entrance for many South Florida homes. In one month, your garage door can raise and lower hundreds of times. Your home’s garage door is also one of the largest items in your home, and if constant use is paired with neglect, serious garage door issues and hardware failures can occur. Once your garage door or opener is damaged, you may find additional parts and hardware have become worn as well. When deciding whether you could benefit from routine garage door maintenance, think about how much you value safety, savings, and long-lasting garage door functionality and efficiency.
While garage doors are intended to efficiently and dependably raise and lower as needed for up to 20 years, regular maintenance is required to keep your system in proper condition and ensure years of convenience.