At Broten Garage Door Sales, we provide South Florida residents and business owners with the best garage door roller parts, installations, and replacements on the market.
What Are Garage Door Rollers?
Garage door rollers — also called garage wheels — are essential components that allow your garage door to run smoothly and quietly. Rollers guide your door along the vertical and horizontal tracks to ensure the garage door mechanism is safe and stable. Rollers come in various sizes, materials, and designs so you can choose the best one for your garage door lift system, budget, and other factors.
Why Garage Door Rollers Are Important
New or well-maintained rollers are crucial for a smooth, safe, and quiet garage door system. Without clean and lubricated rollers, your garage door will be noisy and possibly unable to open or close. Rollers allow your door to open and close while eliminating loud noises caused by the fricti2on between two metal components.
How to Choose the Right Rollers
Whether your rollers are old, too noisy, or you’re just ready for an upgrade, there will come a time when you search for roller replacements. When looking to replace your garage door rollers, you’ll want to examine:
- Roller Diameter: You can determine the diameter of your replacement roller by measuring the width of your tracking system. Standard garage rollers typically come in 2-inch and 3-inch diameter sizes and is determined by the size and weight of the door
- Shaft Length: The shaft length varies based on your garage door and its weight
- Materials: All-metal rollers consist of steel, while others have a steel bearing with a nylon wheel. Steel rollers can withstand heavier doors and are more weather-resistant, but they’re more vulnerable to rust and moisture. Nylon wheels are quieter and have water-resistant properties, but they degrade faster.
- Bearings: The number of ball bearings in a roller directly influences how silent and long-lasting it will be. Rollers without bearings are best for lightweight doors. While most people select rollers with ball bearings.
- Roller Cycle Rating: Manufacturers test their rollers and assign each one a roller cycle rating. Most residential garage door rollers can tolerate up to 20,000 cycles on a 7-foot to 12-foot garage door. Since residential garages have about 10 rollers, these systems can handle even the heaviest doors.
Quality Garage Door Rollers for Sale at Broten
If you’re searching for garage door roller replacements, the expert team at Broten can help. We’ll work with you to examine your current setup and suggest rollers that best match your needs.
We’re a family-owned business with over 60 years of experience, which means we have the industry knowledge to find you the best garage door solutions. Our extensive inventory consists of hardworking, high-quality products to serve your needs.
Reach out to a Broten representative online or call us at 954-946-5555 to learn more today.
Learn More About Garage DoorsView all Posts
5 Common Causes of Garage Door IssuesPosted on: September 23, 2021
If your home has a garage, chances are you’ve experienced issues with your garage door at one time or another. Whether it’s your door not opening or closing correctly, or your door making strange sounds and movements, an issue with your garage door can cause unnecessary stress and inconvenience, as well as be a safety […]
Common Reasons Your Garage Door Won’t OpenPosted on: March 25, 2020
Updated March 25th, 2020 Like with any mechanic object, sometimes the garage door doesn’t work the way it should. However, unlike other things, your garage door malfunctioning can be a security issue, and it could also keep you from entering your home. If you find that your garage door isn’t opening, the reason could range […]
Common Garage Door Problems: DIY or Call a Professional?Posted on: May 9, 2017
You probably don’t think of your garage door as a complicated piece of equipment. Its job is to look good on the front of your garage, keep cold air and thieves out and provide ventilation and access when you want to let the outdoors in. Today’s doors are a fair bit more complex than the […]