Posted on: November 27, 2017
Are you the kind of person that likes to entertain? Is your home the go-to location for your friends and family when they want to get together? Do the local children seem to congregate in your yard? Does it seem that your yard is the meeting place for all your neighbors on the weekend? If you enjoy entertaining and want to make your home even more inviting, we have some great ideas for creating inviting outdoor entertaining spaces.
Our team here at Broten Garage Door Sales spends a lot of time visiting the homes of our customers. That means we get a peek at many great outdoor entertaining ideas that are suitable across South Florida. Some of the best ideas we’ve seen include:
- A built-in fireplace, fire pit or pizza oven: While a barbecue is already a staple for outdoor entertaining, you can take it a step further with a built-in fire space. You can find models in your local outdoor living store or build one from scratch. You’ll attract friends and neighbors from far and wide, so be sure to stock up on enough food and drinks!
- Adequate lighting: Installing the right lighting in your yard goes a long way to creating the best space for outdoor entertaining. Mix different styles and types of lights for your deck or terrace, walkways and house, as well as spotlighting for various features in your yard. Choose economical and durable LED lighting and include dimmers to create the perfect ambiance for every party.
- Wireless music: Long gone are the days of dragging out the old stereo to enjoy music in the yard. You can easily add tunes to your next outdoor party with a wireless Bluetooth speaker. You can even find waterproof models that can stay outside all the time, and you don’t have to worry about tripping over cords. Everyone can be a DJ by simply connecting to your speakers and sharing their favorite tunes.
- Your own drive-in: If you have a large wall space available, why not create your own outdoor drive-in theater with a video projector? If you don’t want people driving on your lawn, simply install some chairs and project your favorite summer movies on the side of your house or garage. If your garage door is in good shape, you can also project your movie against it as the perfect backdrop.
- A water feature: Adding a small pond, fountain or water feature is an appealing and soothing addition to any outdoor entertaining space. If you enjoy quiet, relaxing moments entertaining in your yard, the bubbling of a small fountain can create the perfect atmosphere. Your children might also enjoy a natural pond full of interesting plants, fish and other small creatures.
- Easy-care installations: As you’re creating your outdoor entertaining space, think about how you’ll take care of it. Create flower bed edges and borders that are easy to trim, or skip the grass altogether and install easy-to-clean decking or stones. Install adequate power outlets and water taps for your yard-care equipment, and include storage space when possible to keep your yard organized.
These are some of our top ideas for creating an inviting outdoor entertainment space. If you have any of your own ideas, we’d love to hear them! At Broten Garage Door Sales, we pride ourselves on our excellent selection of garage doors and unbeatable sales and service. We’re always looking for new ways to help our customers take advantage of their home, garage and outdoor living space.